School Logo

Volunteering At Our School

We are fortunate to have parents and people in the local village who volunteer to help at Hertford Heath School.  Volunteers offer support in a number of different ways such as reading with children, supporting in a classroom, assisting in sports clubs, as a School Governor etc.


If you are interested in being a volunteer at Hertford Heath School it would be a requirement that the following checks would have to be made prior to you commencing your volunteering role:


  • A fully enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (please see further down this page the acceptable documents you would need to provide to support your application)
  • You would need to complete a Disqualification Declaration which contains questions regarding any restrictions that may have previously been made against you or anyone living in your household in relation to being around children
  • You would need to provide two character references supporting your suitability of working in an school environment with children, that they have no safeguarding concerns around you working with children and stating how long they have know you, in what capacity and their contact details. (We have attached a form at the bottom of this page that you may use for this purpose).
  • A School Confidentiality Form which relates to you not sharing any information with anyone outside of the Hertford Heath School environment.


We know the above list may seem daunting initially but we are sure you will appreciate that safeguarding our children is our absolute priority and we must ensure that all the correct checks have been undertaken before anyone can start working amongst our children.  The checks do not take long, the DBS (Disclosure And Barring Service) checks are usually returned within a week or two.


Please do not hesitate to contact us 01992 583622 if you are interested in volunteering, we look forward to hearing from you.  

Please ensure you double check the date ranges acceptable for documentation ie. a Council Tax Statement has ** indicating it must be issued within the past 12 months whereas a Utility Bill has * and must be less than 3 months old.